NUT, SEED, & BERRY GRANOLA
- 2/3 cup almonds
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup buckwheat
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp goji berries
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- Honey 2 Tbsp, or to taste
- Nut milk or coconut milk, or yoghurt to serve
1. Place nuts, buckwheat, sunflower, pumpkin and sesame
seeds in a large bowl. Cover with filtered water and soak for
7 hours, or overnight.
2. Place goji berries and cranberries in a small bowl and soak
3. Preheat oven to it’s lowest temperature (40-50 degrees) and
line a baking tray with baking paper.
4. Drain the nuts, buckwheat seeds and dried fruit, rinse well
and pat dry with paper towel.
5. Put nuts, seeds and dried fruit in food processor and pulse 3-
5 times to your desired consistency
6. Add the flaxseeds, coconut oil, cinnamon, salt and honey
and pulse to combine
7. Spread the mixture on the baking tray and place in oven until
crunchy (approx. 6-8 hours). Stir granola every couple of
hours so it cooks evenly.
8. Remove granola from oven and allow to cool before breaking
into small pieces.
Serve with unsweetened whole yoghurt, coconut yoghurt, coconut milk or nut milk